Saturday, June 03, 2006

First week in KL

[+/-] show/hide this post

Tired, and got sick because I walked in the rain.

It's very interesting to be a teacher, although I haven't started teaching yet. Now I am observing the classes and make notes. When the center deemed me ready I'll start taking classes. I don't know if this is the organization I want to work with for long, but it's definitely a good learning experience.

I think life has become something nebulous for me. There is no longer any DEFINITION, like I can do what I want, and can BE what I want. Is this freedom? Or is it called "Lack of purpose and direction"? I don't really have an answer, but I feel thrilled and scared at the same time.

More than ever, I inexplicably felt time's monolithic, unilateral movement. At the end of the day, what we do in this world, what we achieve, will not matter when merge with the endless, boundless river that is called "history".

Don't get me wrong, I still feel a sense of duty to achieve something, to make my life meaningful, but being humbled before the magnificence of life gave me more freedom and conviction to do what I want to do, without being burdened by unwarranted considerations.

Reading 伤心咖啡店之歌 by 朱少麟. I read her 燕子 before, which is actually her second book. 伤心咖啡店之歌 is her first book. So far from what I read, I still prefer 燕子, but the person who lent me this book told me it is better. Well, we'll see.