Thursday, July 06, 2006

Time is eternal

[+/-] show/hide this post

Human life is too short to be wasted. Because time is one directional and irreversible, we have to be callous and catious at the same time. Decisions made cannot be reversed, yet if you cannot make a decision, you will not get anywhere in life, and time does not wait.

I ask myself, what is the most important thing in my life?

Sometimes, I loathe the feeling to thinking too much, too clearly. When I see the world from sky, I find myself small and helpless. Maybe it's a good thing to put my foot "down to earth". At least when I look around, I feel secure. But then again, can I be contented with the view?

父母常说:脚踏实地。这也是中国人千百年来的生活哲学。但是,所谓的脚踏实地,应该是指坚持自己的信念,还是随波逐流地去做别人认为你应该做的事?李白脚踏实地吗?虽然他天马行空,但是还是坚持自己的文学创作,从而成为千古传颂的“诗仙”。难道这不是另一种“脚踏实地”吗?